Re: [tlug] Squeak Resources

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 01:56:09AM +0900, Alain Hoang wrote:
> Here is a select list of links I think would be interesting to
> TLUGers with some brief explanations of each:

I enjoyed borrowing Alain's _Squeakers_ DVD.  It contains a 45
minute video from Ball State University of Alan Kay (backed by
Seymour Papert and Jerome Bruner) promoting the use of Squeak
in teaching children.  It is interesting to see how things have
evolved since the Logo Lab 30+ years ago.  (I can't help
thinking things should have progressed even farther, but then I
still don't have a flying car either.)

I promised to mail the DVD back to Alain, but if anyone would
like to see it... I can mail it to you and you can mail it on
to Alain.  Contact me off-list.

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A  AIM: Jim7J1AJH             GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/