Re: [tlug] VMWare GSX Server

    Patrick>   My intention was to hear from people who are using the
    Patrick> same product on linux about their experiences, and to
    Patrick> pick up some hints about the configuration .. alas your
    Patrick> contribution, while highly appreciated, has performed
    Patrick> rather poorly in that respect ;-).

I see.  Any post that mentions the products you asked about helps you
to CYA that you "investigated", while any post that suggests you do
some deeper thinking can be winked at because it's beside the point.

I dunno, man.  You admit to bad experiences with the vendor of a
crucial component, others have had configuration trouble with that
vendor's product, and one poster claims good experiences with a
competing component that will surely be supported RSN and pointed to a
potential experienced advisor for your distro of choice---but you
discount that information out of hand on the grounds that the
marketing flyer doesn't mention support for those distros.

I think _you_ are the one relying on theory and theology.

    Patrick> Anyway, by all means please contribute your inevitable
    Patrick> last word, and then please create your own thread about
    Patrick> standards, work ethos, and innovation.

OK, here's my last word (no new thread needed though): I'm looking
forward to your reports on what you do and how it works for you.
Maybe a technical meeting presentation?  ;-)