Re: [tlug] Connecting to Air H"

On Saturday 08 January 2005 03:38, Batara Kesuma wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to connect to Air H" without any luck. My modem is USB modem,
> Fujitsu AH-F401U, and I use Debian Sarge. I think it is detected
> correctly. This is what I have in /proc/bus/usb/devices:

> S:  Manufacturer=Fujitsu Ltd.
> S:  Product=AH-F401U
> S:  SerialNumber=D2FE050
>
> But when I configured the PPP connection with pppconfig, it couldn't
> probe my modem. wvdialconf couldn't detect it as well. Here is the
> result from wvdialconf:
>
> Port Scan<*1>: S0   S1   S2   S3   S4
> ttyACM0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- failed with 2400 baud, next try: 9600 baud
> ttyACM0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- failed with 9600 baud, next try: 115200 baud
> ttyACM0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- and failed too at 115200, giving up.

What does the kernel provide? i.e. dmesg?

I'm using Air H" myself, although I guess it's an old model. I have a PCMCIA
card which acts like a plain PCMCIA serial device. For yourself, the USB
output lookups good, but not so good on the wvdialconf. At minimum (using my
own computer as an example) can you give the output of the following:

$ dmesg | grep ttyS
ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 9) is a 16550A

Regards,
Jason Stubbs