Re: [tlug] "Like Cars..."

Pietro Zuco wrote:

>I'm sorry but I just don't understand what you mean. My english is not so
>good. I do not support any sinister company and what is "W"?
>I work as a GNU/Linux system administration and software development teacher.
>In Spain the administrative and university software is little by little
>changing to open source solutions. Two regions of Spain one is Extremadura
>and the other is Andalucia are developping two Linux distributions
>respectively:
>Linex http://www.linex.org/
>Guadalinex: http://www.guadalinex.org/
>Fortunately politicians are understanding the importance of "libre" software
>and the bureaucratic machine is moving to a free solution. The government is
>implanting GNU/Linux in schools, hospitals, universities and the plans are to
>convert everything.
>Other regions of Spain have in a short future plans to do the same.

Sorry for my writing style - I was just saying that I'm happy to hear
that Spain is advanced with Linux and I think it's a very important
issue.  I get frustrated with people who defend "W" (meaning MicroMuck)
by saying that it's easy to use or its security is getting better.  It's
not a frivolous issue and people should try hard to withhold their money
from bad companies (like "W").

Incidentally, I hope you didn't think I was criticizing you!  I was
not.  I was supporting you and saying I'm happy to hear about Linux in
Spain.

Lyle