Re: [tlug] coffee on keyboard.....again

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:49:45 -0500
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:52:02 +0900, Ahmed Sarwar <l_gohordi@example.com> wrote:
>
> > problem solved!
>
> Great! However, when asking the list a question and then figuring it
> out on your own, it is customary to post the solution to the list as
> well, so that it will be preserved for posterity in our wonderful list
> archives. That way, when someone else has the same question, he will
> fail to search the archives and post anyway, at which point folks like
> Jonathan Byrne and myself will derive great satisfaction from telling
> said wanton poster, emphatically: STFA! At which point some
> good-hearted soul out there will post the answer anyway, thus
> depriving the lazy poster of any sort of education in List Etiquette.
> But if we are lucky, Steve Turnbull or Chris Sekiya might post
> something biting and hilarious during the exchange.

Hi I was away for a while and when came back to Tokyo I saw this and felt
bad about not posting the solution. Actually I tried so many things like
 "install-keymap","load-keys" and changing the keyboard settings in /etc/X11/XFconfig-4.
I tried everything I've found googleing ( without having any idea what I
was doing) and none of this was working,..that's when I sent an email to the list.
I'm so sorry I'm not an expert...