Re: [tlug] coffee on keyboard.....again

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:52:02 +0900, Ahmed Sarwar <l_gohordi@example.com> wrote:

> problem solved!

Great! However, when asking the list a question and then figuring it
out on your own, it is customary to post the solution to the list as
well, so that it will be preserved for posterity in our wonderful list
archives. That way, when someone else has the same question, he will
fail to search the archives and post anyway, at which point folks like
Jonathan Byrne and myself will derive great satisfaction from telling
said wanton poster, emphatically: STFA! At which point some
good-hearted soul out there will post the answer anyway, thus
depriving the lazy poster of any sort of education in List Etiquette.
But if we are lucky, Steve Turnbull or Chris Sekiya might post
something biting and hilarious during the exchange.

So you see, everybody wins when you post the solution to your own problem!

-Josh "I've said too much, haven't I?" Glover