Re: [tlug] [Really unforgivable blatant advertising omitted]

    Erin> How bout after a couple of drinks at Bonenkai we give both
    Erin> of you some swords

Violence is the last refuge of the slow-of-tongue.  But I digress.

C'mon, the guy is a _comic_, and he's never posted before?  He is
_not_ a bona fide member of TLUG.  He won't show up ... and never
intended to, ever.  That's his sin, you see.

    Erin> you will realize how ridiculous this is.

Oh, I wish that it were.  Believe me, I have better things to do with
my time, from a purely personal point of view.

But look up "laurence canter" on the Wikipedia, follow the links to
his apologia.  Executive summary: our visitor doesn't care about us at
all, he just wants our money, and used _our_ resources to solicit us.

Since his address is real, he's probably not a member of Order
Myxomycetes, but a real human being, who went to the effort of
kibozing, and then posted to lists that hit.  Nice try, but still
beyond-the-pale.  Maybe he'll pause before spamming again, even decide
it's not worth the chance of taking that kind of grief again.  I think
that's well worth the small cost to my reputation and self-image.

    Erin> Does any one have anything pertinent to Linux or heck even
    Erin> computers in general?

Well, since you ask....  Have you bought my book yet?  If you have,
have you given a copy to your mother yet?  Come on, you know she needs
one!

It's funnier than anything in JOTD, and it's published by O'Reilly.
It's only 3600 yen (that's what it says on the back of my Free
Author's Copy!! which I got because I'm an Author!), and some of the
money goes to me!  I think it even mentions PHP in a footnote!

Linux 日本語環境:最適なシステム環境構築のための基礎と実践
Yamagata, Turnbull, Oda, and Bickel
O'Reilly Japan
ISBN 4-87311-016-5

Available at most Tokyo bookstores.

Oh, yeah, thanks to Hiroo, Craig, and Rob who wrote the whole thing
and let me put my name on it (and get the money) for some reason!!
And they've all posted to TLUG within the last 10 years!!!

And don't forget to read my .sig, it's the funniest of all!

Hmmmm-spamming-is-actually-fun-and-profitable-ly y'rs,

   Honestly?  Don't buy the book, it's purely of historical interest by now.
                   Read Scott Robbins's page instead.