RE: [tlug] VPN

First off I have set up PIX 501& 506 as well as Cisco 1720 with the firewall
feature set. All are relatively easy but cost allot.

For simple situations like access to files I have used this product
http://www.rebyte.com/ .It is really a back up file server. But you can
access it remotely via ssl and has a web interface that is easy enough that
even people with limited  English experience can operate.
This cost about 2 man  (plus hard discs) but it was quick and easy to set
up. It is a open source piece of soft/hardware based on the Linux operating
kernel (which one or version I am not sure). But like I said quick simple
and easy for others to understand.

Although this in not a hard and fast VPN solution depending on how many
users your trying to support this might do the trick!

My questions are how many users will you support?
What is your target live date and of course what is your budget?

Thinking back I believe I had this set up for 6 man (about 550 US dollars at
the time) in less than 4 hours of total work time including adding 25 or so
user accounts. oh ya that was with 150 gigs of mirrored hard disc space.
Feed back welcome.

Good luck
Erin