Re: [tlug] Flash Freeze

Josh Glover wrote:

>Or, if your kernel has SysRq magic enabled, you may be able to reboot
>by holding down Ctrl + Alt + SysRq (AKA PrintScreen) and pressing: s u
>
>s tells the kernel to sync its buffers, u to umount all filesystems,
>and b to reboot. This is the safest way to reboot in case of a hard
>lock. Often times, the kernel will be responsive enough to handle this
>even when the Caps Lock / Num Lock keys do not cycle the LEDs.

Thank you very much for this information! One question - which of the
following is correct?:

a) While simultaneously holding down Crtl + Alt + SysRq, press first s,
then u, then b - sequentially, not at the same time.

b) First simultaneously hit Crtl + Alt + SysRq, then release them and
press first s, then u, then b - sequentially, not at the same time.

I'm assuming "a"... which is a little difficult, but not impossible.
(Reminds me of that old "Twister" game.)

Lyle