Re: [tlug] mutt no mailbox error

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 03:41:42PM +0900, Kohama wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone help me out related to MTA setting problem?
>
> I just started using mutt as MUA.
> Default mailbox type is mbox but I changed it to Maildir
> to sort mails to various folders with using procmail.
>
> I added four lines on $HOME/.muttrc file like followings :
>
> set mbox_type=Maildir
> set spoolfile="/home/kohama/Mail"
> set folder="/home/kohama/Mail"
> set mbox="/home/kohama/Mail/mbox"
>
> Then,when I start mutt, it doesn't work properly anymore.
> I can't download incoming mail from pop server anymore.

The maildir type format should have three subdirectories,
new, cur and tmp

So
cd .maildir
mkdir cur
mkdir tmp
mkdir new

Or, in FreeBSD at least, there's a command

maildirmake ~/.maildir

This will create a directory called ~/.maildir in your home directory.
If you then do ls .maildir you'll see you have teh cur new and tmp
directories in there.

Hope this helps.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Mom, the only way you get a new slayer is if the old
slayer dies.
Joyce: Then that means you... When did you die? You never told me
you died.
Buffy: It was just for a few minutes.