Re: [tlug] [OT] Emigration information

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:36:43PM +0900, Shawn wrote:

>Not to seemingly flame in response but based on exit polls it seems that
>if you didn't have as much education as you do, that you would be more
>likely not to feel that way.  So just forget what you learned and you
>will be right at home.

So you are apparently trying to say that there may be an inverse
relationship between education and wisdom?  Well, stranger
things have happened, to be sure.

The United States has been saved from nothing less than disaster.

I will credit John Kerry on one count, however.  At the
end of the campaign, when it was clear that he was beaten,
and even with that ambulance chaser Edwards egging him on to
try and steal the election, he did ta respectable thing
at last: he telephone President Bush and conceded
the election.

If he had conducted his campaign with that much
class and poise, the results might well have been different.
Thank heaven he didn't.  Of course, I'm sure it was partly
in consideration of 2008 - who wants to be remembered as the
guy who tried to pull a Gore when he didn't even come
close to winning the popular vote and clearly lost the
electoral vote, too? - that he did the right thing, the honorable
and graceful thing, but it speaks well of him nevertheless.
I'm grateful he did't conduct himself that way during the
campaign.  It might have tipped Ohio and my country would be
in deep trouble today.

This as, as President Putin most accurately and eloquently
put it, a time of joy.  Not for our enemies, of course :-)

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
We voted as if our national survival depended on it. It did.