Re: [tlug] USB mounting problems in newest Debian Sarge

Hello

I'm Debian sid user.

Charles Muller wrote:

>>l      xps8250:/home/chuck# mount -t vfat /dev/sdb /media/usb0
>>      mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/s                   db,
>>       or too many mounted file systems
>>
>>Any ideas?

You can see more information and device file name
about your USB drive by "dmesg" command.

I think it has a partition, so try to execute this command.

# mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /media/usb0

If you don't connect your SCSI HDD, it may be sda1 instead of sdb1.

--
Tsutomu Miyashita