Re: [tlug] FreeBSD and USB CompactFlash card reader

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:13:24 +0200, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com>
wrote:

> Looking in man devd{,.conf} didn't throw up much information, so basically
> my question is, what do I have to do to tap the system on the shoulder,
> get it to reread the partition table on /dev/da0 and adjust the content of
> /dev accordingly so that I can mount the FAT slice?

FWIW, the answer to this is to run "camcontrol rescan <bus_number>". If
you're unsure which bus is assigned to the card reader than you can find out
using "camcontrol devlist" and then use the appropriate bus number, or you
can simply run "camcontrol rescan all".

--
The higher the level of prestige accorded the people
behind the plan, the least less chance there is of