Re: [tlug] Japanese Input

Since this thread was here I thought I'd use it, even if it
causes the topic to drift a bit...

I've recently got my wife using Linux and Canna.  She writes
a lot more J mail than me, and has noticed, to her increasing
irritation, that Canna doesn't seem to remember conversions
across sessions, and often comes up with some stupid conversion
the first time.  After setting a conversion once, it will
usually remember after that (one exception we've found is that
if the conversion is to katakana, such as a name like "kazu",
it seems to fail to remember and goes back to its first kanji
choice), but after you've shut the system down and restarted,
it doesn't remember anything that has gone before.

How do you make it remember?

Thanks,
Dave