Re: [tlug] TLUG spam?

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 09:50, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Josh> It generates between 200-500 spams a day, about %15 of which
>     Josh> are currently beating my SpamAssassin setup.
>
> SpamAssassin currently sucks, mostly because they have spent more time
> on writing new improved versions of the code than they have on
> updating recipes.  Cf. http://www.jwz.org/doc/cadt.html.

What about razor (working in conjunction with spamassassin) --
distributed, collaborative, spam detection and filtering network.
Through user contribution, Razor establishes a distributed and
constantly updating catalogue of spam in propagation that is consulted
by email clients to filter out known spam.

Too much of a risk -- need to open 2703 (Razor2) and TCP port 7 (Echo)?
Too slow?

http://razor.sourceforge.net/

I just use it for me and no lists so can't say anything about what your
performance hit would be.
--
Shawn <javajunkie@example.com>