Re: [tlug] running python script

> Well so much for believing what I read

Wow, isn't that the truth!  Got a Python script for windows running on *nix by changing from:

if line == "\n":
z += 1
#this looks to me like it would catch the end of a *nix file line, but wasn't catching them for some reason

to:
if line=="\r\n":
z+= 1
#what the "#$%, why do I need to check for a windows line end

The files which were written under *nix had a windows line ending, but apparently the app using them expected that.  Looking at the script though...seemed ok.

I guess the best would have been for the original writer to just have checked the last two chars of the line and it would work for both.

--
Shawn

Karma is immutable, so act accordingly!