Re: [tlug] running python script

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 03:44:48PM +0900, Shawn wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./mbs2mbx.pyw", line 24, in ?
>      import Tkinter
> ImportError: No module named Tkinter
>
> I read "You don't need to download Tkinter - it's an integral part of all
> Python distributions (except binary distributions for platforms that don't
> support Tcl/Tk"

Don't believe everything you read.  :-)  Many distributions
split it into a separate package.

> I have
>
> python-2.3.3-6
> python-devel-2.3.3-6
> tcl-8.4.5-7
> tk-8.4.5-8

Given those version numbers, I'm guessing you are using Fedora
Core 2.  Do:
  yum install tkinter
Or use your favorite method for downloading/installing
tkinter-2.3.3-6.i386.rpm.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/