Re: [tlug] stdin/stderr redirection under Solaris

Ah, I was mistaken about the Y command; it's actually a feature of the
4DOS family of command processors for DOS/Windows, and it works in the
other direction (merges stdin with a bunch of files).

    Jean-Christian> Thanks for that but what I really want is one
    Jean-Christian> process I can nohup. Something like:

A pipeline is not a single process; it's n + 1 where n is the number
of pipes.

    Jean-Christian> $ nohup cmd 1| prog1 2|prog2 &

    Jean-Christian>  From what everyone has suggested it doesn't look
    Jean-Christian> like that is going to be possible though.

    Jean-Christian> The best I've gotten is this recommendation from
    Jean-Christian> Steve Smith but it doesn't seem to lend itself to
    Jean-Christian> being nohup'ed ...

    Jean-Christian> $(cmd | prog1) |& prog2

Put it in a script, and execute it in a subshell.