Re: [tlug] and, back to gpg

Quoth Stuart Luppescu (Sun 2004-08-15 01:13:00PM -0500):

> On ??, 2004-08-15 at 09:56 +0200, Godwin Stewart wrote:
>
> > They'll probably think that the digital signature is some kind of virus :o)
>
> Not a joke. Whenever I send signed messages to the AERA (American
> Educational Research Association) mailing list, I get a message back
> saying messages with attachment type application/pgp-signature are
> forbidden by the list. Some day I'll remember to not sign anything I
> post to that list....

You could always use a Mutt send-hook. I use just such a one to prevent
me from signing mails to my Grandfather, whose Outhouse Express effect-
ively prevents him (a 78 year-old man) from being able to read my signed
mails.

Of course, if you do not use Mutt, you will want to switch to it right
away! ;) Seriously, Slypheed and kmail users, can your client provide
hooks? They are a damned useful feature for things like this, or where
you want your From address to change based on who you are mailing (you
will notice that this mail is from <tlug@example.com>, not <jmglov@>).

Cheers,
Josh

--
Josh Glover

Gentoo Developer (http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmglov/)
Tokyo Linux Users Group Listmaster (http://www.tlug.jp/)

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103