Re: [tlug] Sub: best thing on the internet

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 06:26:36PM +0200, Godwin Stewart wrote:

>I poked a hole in the DNSBL specifically so as to be able to receive TLUG
>list traffic, and what do I get? Spam sent through the TLUG mailing list.

That surprised the heck out of me, too.  TLUG is not supposed to accept
posts from anyone who isn't subscribed.

Someone please, please, please tell me that Smartlist can't be
fooled into letting a post through by addressing it to listmaster.

Now I'm scared.  The last time a spam got through to the list (several
years ago), the response to that was to rip out majordomo and replace
it with smartlist, over just one spam.

Does this mean we'll now be starting a crash migration to Mailman? :-)

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
I say we dust off and slashdot the entire site from orbit.