Re: [tlug] ImageMagic

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:41:12 -0700 (PDT), Steve Smith <sjs@example.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to just save the
> area I'm interested in from the original file to a new file
> rather than creating 10 big files then cropping each?

True, mogrify doesn't seem able to operate on a file and output the results
to a second file. That's a major pain IMO.

Then again, try tackling the problem the other way round. Things would be
partially solved if you were to build a PS file with one card per page
instead of the lot on one page. You would then be able to use montage(1) to
build a page with all 10 of them if need be.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.7-em8300)