Re: [tlug] C vs. other languages (was: tlug-digest Digest V2004 #194)

In message <20040730161259.7315522c.gstewart@example.com> you write:
> Why are 99% of the operating system I use and its auxiliary tools written in
> C rather than Java? What about the mailer I use? A few of the tools I use
> (including the GUI) are written in C++ - why not in Java if Java's OO is so
> good? ("because they suck" isn't an answer...:)

I don't understand why so many people are so much impressed the idea
of OO.  We are not programming the codes by Object Oriented way, like
those languages idea may be based on. Are we saving the data with
programs (methods)? Are we inheriting the interfaces someone wrote?
Don't you want to access to the data directly?

I believe the good things with Java is only the 1) garbage collections,
and 2) the coding style of avoiding the global variables as much as
possible. But these points could be accomplished with even C, if the
project is managed by the small number of people (less than 10).

Regarding C++, I hope I can find some friends who can laugh together
with this old page :-)
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA000092/jokes/strup-e.html

== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======
  Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com> http://www.peanuts.gr.jp/