Re: [tlug] Re: tlug-digest Digest V2004 #194

Josh Glover wrote:

<snip>

> I have come to be of the opinion that C should be avoided for all but the
> most systemsy of software. Write your stuff in a higher-level language,
> and rewrite the inner loops in C where blazing speed is necessary. Most
> high-level languages allow you to inline other lanugages (hell, C allows
> you to inline assembly!).

sorry for my question but it`s a long time that I programmed something.
(Never used Perl, Python & Co. Mainly Pascal and C) Is it so unusual to
inline Assembler? I know on Windows we used for graphics all the time
DirectX, in old DOS-timess we rewrote all the graphic-routines we needed
and wrote those we will need completely Assembler,,,
I know I`m talking about Computer Medieval Age-Stuff but is it really
_that_ unusal as it sounds in your mail?

Greetings

Niels

--
Is your Linux cute?