[tlug] UDMA enabling shuttle MB

Dear All,

I have installe Gentoo 2004.2 on my Windy Pandora Cube PC.  This box
contains the shuttle FV24 main board with Award Bios 6. I added a maxtor
200MB IDE hard drive, however I get a message on boot, saying that UDMA
access is disabled.  This is compiled into the kernel 2.6.7 and enabled by
default.  When issuing the command to enable DMA it also failed.

The Bios has to harddrive related sections: PIO and DMA.  At first I left
both set to "AUTO".  Later as I tried to enable UDMA I also changed PIO to
Mode 4.  DMA can only be changed between Auto and disabled so I left it on
Auto.

Any suggestions of how to procede?

Patrick