Re: [tlug] mozilla

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 11:10:57AM +0900, Brett Robson wrote:

> Anyone using Mozilla 1.6? Picked it up with a recent Debian upgrade and
> it runs like a 3 legged dog, chews up CPU cylces when it shouldn't be
> and I suspect it's leaking memory. Just about ready to downgrade.

Arch is using 1.7 and it actually runs quite well--on the ArchLinux
forums, some folks said that it seemed faster than Firebird.  (Using the
time command indicates that this isn't so, but it definitely seemed to
run rather quickly).

Out of full featured browsers, I'm still finding opera to be the
fastest, even when compared to stand-alone browsers such as firebird.
Dillo of course is the quickest, (of the gui ones that I've tried)
however, it seems that so few web pages follow standards that it is
frequently unable to disply a page.

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: You just don't like him 'cause of that time he beat you
up every day for five years.
Xander: Yeah, I'm irrational that way.