[tlug] Linux init 0 by powerbutton

Dear All,

I am looking to create a Home Server which is easy to use: press power
button to provide network share and ftp, press again to orderly shutdown the
server (=init 0 + powerdown).  I already have a Windy box type pc, which
should be runnning ideally headless without keyboard and mouse.

What kind of requirements are there to consider - which kernel options
should be compiled in and is there a shutdown daemon that needs to be
running?

Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Patrick