Re: [tlug] Please help with e-learning of Linux OS.

Quoth Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon (Tue 2004-07-20 01:38:36PM +0900):

> Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>
> >   rubioj> Please provide information for hardware for Linux OS.
> >
> >Any old Windows box will do, and I do mean old.

[...]

> >For example, the mailserver that passed your message to me is an '97
> >Pentium running at 120MHz with 80MB of RAM.
>
> Just a quick note on my hardware experience with a few low-end machines.

It is important to realise that Linux has more applications that just
the desktop. In fact, the desktop is probably where Linux is the *least*
popular.

Steve gives an example of a mailserver above, and I know plenty of people
who use machines of that calibre for things like firewalls, routers, etc.

--
Josh Glover

Gentoo Developer (http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmglov/)
Tokyo Linux Users Group Listmaster (http://www.tlug.jp/)

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103