Re: [tlug] xfree and different keyboardlayouts

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:57:58 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>     Botond> I recommend xmodmap.
> XKeyCaps is the way to go.  It's far too easy to screw up with raw
> XModMap.  XKeyCaps is a GUI wrapper for XModMap that (a) shows you
> what you're doing and (b) does sanity checks on your mappings.  If
> your Linux distro doesn't have it, it's here:
>
> http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps/

No matter who wrote it, the reason I don't use it is because
 - it is #*%$&! ugly,
 - don't like GUIs generating config files,
 - last time (4 years ago?) I looked at it, it didn't have the
   Japanese keys, not to mention notebook layouts.

Might be good for prototyping though.