Re: [tlug] address book recommendations?

Good morning Dave,

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 08:18, Dave Iannucci wrote:

> I'd like to get people's thoughts on address book software
> for Linux.  I need something that will keep all my contact
> info (names, addresses, several phone numbers and multiple email
> addresses each) reasonably conveniently, and it must (of course :-)
> be Nihongo-capable.  I use KDE, and I noticed it has a
> KAddressBook app, but I haven't checked it on J-awareness.
> I'm not much concerned about whether it integrates with other
> software, but I'd like something that has flexible options
> for printing out on paper.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on KAddressBook or other software?

I am using KDE with the PIM suite Kontact including KAddressBook inputting
Japanese.
It work well. The only minus are:
- It does not have the feature to input furigana, which would be quite
convenient
- When inputing a japanese name, and then poping up a window via Kmail or
Kalendar that list all the contacts, then instead of japanese name, only
Mojibake gets displayed.
- Sometimes, you click on "Save" and then you loose all your data.
Investigation shows it looks like a temporary file problem. I could recover
the lost data by grabbing the latest temp file in /tmp/kde-*/kontact*

Other than that, it is a very nice piece of software.

--
Jacques Deguest
<http://www.deguest.jp/>