Re: [tlug] Misc. edit questio

Hi.

Please excuse the foolish question.  I just got back from
walk and looked at the file again.  It's a news file and the
text is shift-jis or something which I guess kterm/xterm
(X?) understand and vi/vim don't.  At least when I edit the
file I now realize each line that was Japanese start and end
with an escape eg:
^[$B"!%M%C%H%K%e!<%9$N0lMw^[(B
I use Suse and this box has 8.2 on it.
I guess I'm just paying the learning curve.

Thank you very much.

Steve S.