Re: [tlug] OT Printer recommendation

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:05:56 +0900
Brett Robson <b-robson@example.com> wrote:

> This is a bit off topic, I'm having problems so I'll hope you'll indulge
> me.
>
> I need a printer for home and unfortunately everything I see in shops is
> multi colour printing of photos and CD etc. All I want is a simple black
> and white printer to print things like music score, lyrics, recipes and
> the occasional how to or quick guide. Speed is definitely not a big
> deal.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation?

First thing you need to decide is how much you want to print. Laser
printers are cheaper to run and give better quality.
Most inkjets have a black ink cartridge in addition to a multi color one.
 If you'll be only printing in black, than obviously you won't need the
high quality color photo capability, and such inkjet printers are quite
cheap. So I guess you could go for the cheapest inkjet, just pay attention
to the linux support (which has gotten pretty good recently).

BTW, I have a HP 930c for give away. Anybody who wants to come to Hyogo
can pick it up ;)