Re: [tlug] Weird problem with xine and KDE

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:12:03 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

> I wonder if xine is unmapping the window to avoid flicker and then the
> window manager (presumably kicker) is doing a Configure dance on every
> one-pixel displacement of the slider.  How fast do those events come?

In flurries. But it's hard to follow them in an X terminal while X is
getting bogged down, and if I switch to another (text mode) console it's
liable to skew the results.

In any "event" (groan...), it isn't the window with the slider which is
being a problem. I'll have a go at doing a simple ascii-art drawing here:

+-----------------------------------++-------------+
|                                   ||             |
|    Xine GUI window with slider    ||  Navigator  |
|  |===========^=================|  ||             |
+-----------------------------------+|             |
                                     |             |

The "Navigator" is the culprit here. However, I found out last night that by
undocking it from the GUI window, the problem is solved.

> You know, if you were running Windows you wouldn't have this problem.
> ;-)

Don't get me going on that :)

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.7-em8300)