Re: [tlug] Weird problem with xine and KDE

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:10:07 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Suppose I rewrite that:  wait for ++whatever_version_you_have. <wink>

Point taken :)

> Ah, how about "hide"?  Iconizing might be good enough, or you might
> need to ge it off the screen entirely.  Switching to a different
> virtual desktop might do it.

If you hit "G" while xine is active it'll hide/show the GUI. Hide the GUI
and the CPU usage goes down to normal. Show it again and CPU usage climbs
back up to 100%. The output window remains visible while I'm doing this.
Hiding/showing the output window has no effect.

> One thing this could be is an argument between xine and the "window
> manager" about the geometry of the xine window.  What is your general
> window manager?

I'm just using the KDE desktop (although I'm also considering using
something a little more lightweight).

> Does xine display a cool dynamic icon (such as an oscilloscope) in the
> kicker taskbar?

No, just a static icon.

> Do you know which window it is,

Do I know which window /what/ is?

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.7-em8300)