Re: [tlug] Free versus open: a rant [was some thread aboutVoIP/GnomeMeeting]

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:30:45 +0900
Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com> wrote:

> I will show how GnomeMeeting works with NetMeeting on Saturday,
> but it seems like I don't have to do anything for the member of
> this list, any more. ;-)
I think there are still many users who are interested in the presentation.
And you should show some advanced tricks (e.g. setting up gnomemeeting
behind NAT, gatekeeper stuff, etc) as well.
For example I don't have a web camera and I just use the video device of
my TV card, so the folks on the other side can watch some NHK ;)
Also there were quite a few changes in the recent release, mainly
switching over to native alsa support (I assume for kernel 2.6). When I
upgraded to 1.0 I was surprised to see no more/dev/dsp for audio and
without alsa and 2.6 I had to quickly downgrade to gnomemeeting 0.95.
So there are still many things left to talk about.

> Botond, I believe you should introduce GnomeMeeting background
> in the Saturday meeting if you can join, instead of me...
Very sorry that I could never make it to the meetings and nomikais and
can't join this time either. Hyogo is just too far from Tokyo.

Walking the path of the senior TLUG members, I'll be leaving Japan at the
end of the month, but I'll stick around and hopefully my next trip to
Japan will be to Tokyo.

--
B0Ti.