Re: [tlug] Weird problem with xine and KDE

    Godwin> So, I have a nice easy question. What have I screwed up in
    Godwin> KDE-3.2.3? :)

Maybe you shoulda waited for 3.2.4!

Is a new kicker part of the 3.2.3 distro?  If so, have you tried the
3.1 kicker with the other parts up-to-date?

Does it help if you unmap all the xine windows?  How about unmapping
the taskbar?

You could try running xev on the taskbar or the xine window(s) to see
what untoward X traffic is going by.  Sometimes xtrapstats has
something interesting to report (eg, thousands of window property
events per second suggests a race of some kind).  (Although the xtrap*
utilities are present on my Debian sid box, the server doesn't have
the extension, so YMMV.)