Re: [tlug] 7/10 TLUG Technical Meeting - voice communication questions

7.7.2004 kello 10:11, Shawn kirjoitti:

>> Also, I can't believe that hardware is _required_.  I could
>> understand needing to purchase software in order to obtain the codec
>> if no others exist. Well maybe that would reduce the echoing...
>
> I believe the magic genie is the  G.723.1 audio codec
>
> according to an article on asterisk at
>
> "Audio-encoding codecs available include ...and G.723.1 or G.726 with
> an appropriate license"
>
> But I am not sure if that license would be available to an individual
> user like me, or the price of it, or where/how to obtain one (a
> license).

So, if I understand this issue correctly, you need a patented &
non-free codec
if you wan't to connect to phones on the PSTN. Right ?

The next TLUG meeting should be interesting 8^)

--
Henri T Servomaa
  ..yes me Finn but me Ragga Muffin..