Re: [tlug] RHCE vs LPI

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:57:20 -0700, Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com>
wrote:

> But again, being a highly experienced Solaris admin carries far more
> weight than what Sun certs you may have.

not long ago. He was insisting that we tell him how to log in over telnet as
root. When told that a) logging in as root when not physically at the
console is a bad thing, and b) doing that over telnet where everything is
sent in clear is even worse, the only thing we could get out of him
thereafter was "I'm an experienced Solaris administrator and I don't need
any lectures about security."

He didn't stay for long...

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.7-em8300)