Re: [tlug] Re: routing question

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:07:38 +0900
Stuart Bouyer <stuart_bouyer@example.com> wrote:

> > Now I can ping google and other sites from the terminal, but the
> > wicked browser on the Z (internetto Netfront 3.0) wants to connect to
> > the internet every time, eventhough it is connected.  Reminds me of
> > what the stupid IE does on windoze.
>
> There are 2 workarounds here
>
>     qcop QPE/Network "up()"
> ..
> If you go with the first option, I recommend installing keyhelper
> (http://yakty.s31.xrea.com/linuzau/keyhelper/) and setup a keyboard
> shortcut for the network up qcop comand.

Thanks Stu,

The command does work. I tried to stick it into the hotplug scripts but
that didn't.
The keyhelper sounds good. I have also found this page
http://park11.wakwak.com/~nkon/homepc/zaurus/config/opie_sh_1.html
That puts an entry into the menu. Unfortunately it's for OPIE, so the gui
doesn't work on my Z, but I'll make my own ipk.

BTW, is it worth replacing qtpia with OPIE? I wouldn't mind having an
english environment (easier to read than tiny kanji), but I do need the
Japanese support (i.e. dictionary and kanji character recognition tools
that come with Sharp's software.)

thanks.

--
B0Ti.