Re: [tlug] routing question

Steve,

First let me tell you that I very much admire and respect you and was
happy to see you returning to the list in hope that your contributions
would raise the quality of the discussions on the TLUG list.

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:32:26 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>     Botond> I thought this list had other purposes other than job
>     Botond> postings and philosophy.
>
> It does.  But playing hide'n'seek with people trying to help you isn't
> one of them.
I did not realize that I was playing hide'n'seek.

> You've been around long enough to know that you need to give all the
> information you've got in an organized fashion, that the last thing
> that is needed in debugging is conclusions from the witness about what
> is happening.
I believe I gave enough information, most of it was in my first post. The
email you replied to did not contain enough and as you have admitted
yourself, you did not follow up with the whole thread so maybe it's not
my fault. While I give credit to your suggestion about changing the
netmask on the server, IMHO that is not directly related to the problem I
asked the question about. If it were a connection trouble with my local
ethernet, you wouldn't be reading my email in the first place.

> I was just pointing out
> that these are going to be separate networks and you might have more
> luck coalescing them into one by resetting the netmask, since they're
> on the same physical cable.
Not quite, another indication that you did not follow up with the thread.
My original question was about a routing problem from my Zaurus to the
local network. And this is indeed 2 physical cables as the Zaurus is
connected over a USB cable.

If you miss any information that I did not provide, then tell me what that
is instead of blaming me for playing hide n'seek.
Otherwise just ignore the thread so that would save us both precious time.

I thank Uva Coder for his time that we spent together on irc trying to
get this resolved, it's very unfortunate that we came to the conclusion
that the Zaurus is cursed ;)

Also thanks to all who replied, I'll give an update when the curse is gone.