Re: [tlug] Debian Sarge Beta Installer

On Monday 28 June 2004 01:55 am, Charles Muller wrote:

> returning to my Knoppix setup. I'm just curious as to whether anyone
> has tried the new Sarge installer recently who can report relatively
> smooth sailing.

I've tried several of them,  most recently beta 4.  I found beta 4 to
have far more problems than beta 3.  I call it the "one step forward,
two steps back" release.

They are aiming toward having install to software RAID (finally!) but
it's broken in the installer so far.  You get all the way through the
install (RAID 1 only; it doesn't do RAID 0 yet) only to find that it
pukes because it has a dependency for raidtools2, even though mdadm is
used through the process.  All of which leaves those who want RAID on
Debian in the same position we always were: creating it by hand after
the install.

The Sarge installer is a big jump forward, but it's still pretty rough.
They have a lot of kinks to work out yet before it's ready for releae.

I never experienced any MBR problems, though.  How did it trash your
MBR?

Jonathan
--
What happened?  Somebody set up us the spam.