Re: [tlug] routing question

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:28:10 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Uh, the way you present things, it's impossible to keep track of what
> is where.
Sorry about that. That's why we are discussing about the issue with Uva on
#irc. Easier that way.

>     >> And this is the black hole which is sucking down all your ICMP
>     >> ECHOs to non-localnet hosts unless I miss my guess.
>
>     Botond> This interface is set up by pppd/pppoe automatically when
>     Botond> I connect to my provider.  Sorry I didn't want to post it
>     Botond> because it's just another cause of confusion.
>
> Um, you are already confused, no?  That's why you posted.
I thought this list had other purposes other than job postings and
philosophy.

>     >> I'm sorry, I'm on a slow line and I may be missing something by
>     >> not switching back to the rest of the thread, but AFAICT unless
>     >> you do something about those Genmasks (they need to be /16 for
>     >> those device routes to work)

Back in 2001 I was corrected by someone more experineced in networking.
That's when I changed it all to /24
http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0105/msg00652.html

>     Botond> eth0 is all /16.
my bad.