[tlug] terminal only accepts selective input

Hello,

Trying to install aspell, I ran into an error after build install, and now
none of my gnome terminals (newly or previously opened) recognize input
very well.  Some characters like ,;:/\12$%& and some capitals like
YJKMMKJLI are recognized but other letters come out like...
<strange>
  ㅗ디ㅣㅐ ㅗㅐㅈ ㅁㄱㄷ ㅛㅐㅕ
</strange>

I can copy and paste commands into a terminal to run commands but that is
all.  I don't want to log out of X just now to see if that will clear it
up but will try later.

--
Shawn

Karma is immutable, so plan accordingly!