Re: [tlug] open file descriptors

Gerald Naughton wrote:
>>Does anyone know of a way to find out the current
>>number of file
>>descriptors that a user has open?
>
> hope this helps
> http://www.netadmintools.com/art295.html

Thanks, it did help in warning me away from lsof but it only talks about
open file descriptors for the whole system or for a particular process
and not per user.  I started fiddling with something like:

# cd /proc
# find .  -user simon -not -type d | grep fd | wc -l

but I know nothing about the proc filesystem and suspect this is not
even close to being right.

--
simon colston