Re: [tlug] using find

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 02:48:55PM +0900, Brett Robson wrote:
> I have an annoying problem with find. I need to find all files under a
> directory but ignore one subdirectory and under it. This is because the
> English version of our site is in a sub directory of the main directory,
> picking up all the English pages is easy but not Japanese pages.

Maybe a combination of '-not -path':

find . -not -path "./english*" -print

(This will be suboptimal if you have an ./englishnotreally/
directory tree... but using a -path "./english/*" would leave
a ./english entry in the output.)

P.P.S.  For some (old?  non-Gnu?) find, you have to spell
'-not' as '!'.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/