Re: [tlug] man pages (was Browser blues)

Quoth Viktor Pavlenko:

>> From: "Josh Glover" <tlug@example.com>
>> Date: 2004/06/08 Tue AM 11:23:51 EDT
>
>> I thought that Russian was still the
>> primary language in schools until just recently. Am I mistaken.
>
> It is true about Eastern Ukraine, urban areas. Western part has always spoken
> Ukrainian, and majority of schools has been Ukrainian too. In fact, having
> spent quite a bit of time abroad, I find it difficult to speak Russian
> myself.
>
> But it has nothing to do with *NIX anyway, so I'd better shut up now :)

Let me pull a Jonathan Byrne and see if I can figure out a way to justify this
as being on topic... a-ha!

As stated on the shiny new List Policy doc,[1] the TLUG list "serves as a
forum for Linux, *BSD (FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD) and general open source
discussions." Many Open Source developers are either Russian, Ukrainian, or
American, and it is important for the latter to be able to distinguish between
the former two!

Uvatory! ;)

-Josh

[1] http://www.tlug.jp/listpolicy.php

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103