Re: [tlug] man pages (was Browser blues)

>     HS> copy-paste performance), but it's torture to use it at night due
>     HS> to the stark white background that it displays.
>
> You can set defaults for your X applications in a file .Xdefaults in
> your home directory. For instance I have this for xterm fg and bg
> colors:
>
> xterm_color*background: Black
> xterm_color*foreground: Wheat
Other terminals can be customized too.

> will save a text version of the man page in the file named man.txt,
> which you can later open in your editor.
Also keep in mind that there are GUI based manpage viewers (I think
gnome-help can do it and there should be something in KDE too) that are
extensively customizable through themes thus helping you get rid of white
colors.