Re: [tlug] Browser blues

Quoth Jim Breen (Mon 2004-06-07 03:41:29PM +1000):

> If I can toss in a question about a Mozilla-related browser blue...
>
> I have Acrobat Reader 5 set up as the helper app for PDF files. I have the
> Japanese font back from Adobe, and in general it works fine - I can see
> Japanese text OK, both when running acroread stand-alone, and in helper
> mode.
>
> The problem is that about 80% when in helper mode Acrobat Reader launches
> so that it is hard up against the top of the screen instead of inside the
> browser window. The other 20% it launches in the correct place. (This is
> Moz 1.4a.)
>
> Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can tell it to behave?

The easiest thing to try is just upgrading both Mozilla and Acroread (if
possible).

However, I can say that in my experience with the Acroread plugin, it
rarely behaves the way it is supposed to. You might try gpdf or xpdf--
one or both might have a browser plugin.

Sorry I cannot actually be helpful...

--
Josh Glover

Gentoo Developer (http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmglov/)
Tokyo Linux Users Group Listmaster (http://www.tlug.jp/)

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103