Re: [tlug] gftp

> >     LS> I've been using gftp for uploading things to a site and it
> >     LS> seems to be working fairly well, but does anyone have any
> >     LS> other recommendation(s)?  And if so, what is the startup
> >     LS> command for it(them)?
> >
> > I've never used gftp. It must be a GUI thing since it requires GTK+
I also had problems with gftp in the early days, but now it's working
fine. I hate to do the typing (and constantly doing ls -l) in command line
ftp clients, so I also use the built-in ftp client of my favorite shell,
midnight commander, but it hangs in quite a lot of cases.

BTW, there is a text based version for gftp too (gtfp-text in debian):

 gFTP is a multithreaded FTP client. This version of it runs under console
 and was written using GLib.