Re: [tlug] Wine and installing of Internet Explorer

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 07:55:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
jeraldweinstein@example.com wrote:

> Currently.....
>
> Have tried IE6 SP1 install using two well known methods at
> Frank's Corner and at
> http://patrick.spacesurfer.com/ie_wine_install.html
>

> 1) When invoking the command 'wine ie6setup.exe' a windows
> window pops up with the following error message:
>
> "Extracting file failed. Most likely caused by low memory
> (Lowdisk space for swapping files) or corrupted cabinet
> file.)"
I have downloaded the .cab files from somewhere. There is a page that
lists which cabs you need, and just google for the filenames.

> Haw anybody here had a similiar experience?
I proceeeded further by installing the required dcom lib too. And at the
end everything seemed to be in place but executing "wine iexplore.exe"
bombed out with some kind of wine error that I couldn't solve.

I was using a recent version of wine from debian unstable, even tried
earlier versions.

Eventually I gave up and now I'm using rdesktop with an extra XP box.