[tlug] Wine and installing of Internet Explorer

Installed Wine dist : Wine 20040505
and
WineTools

hda : windows XP
hdc : Linux Mandrake 9.2

'df' ...

/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part5
4.9G 2.9G 1.8G 62% /
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
14G 10G 3.6G 74% /mnt/windows

Currently.....

Have tried IE6 SP1 install using two well known methods at
Frank's Corner and at
http://patrick.spacesurfer.com/ie_wine_install.html

1) When invoking the command 'wine ie6setup.exe' a windows
window pops up with the following error message:

"Extracting file failed. Most likely caused by low memory
(Lowdisk space for swapping files) or corrupted cabinet
file.)"

When checking available swap it is 500 mb. Free Physical
memory does seem quite low at 4 mb. Total memory checks
out at around the same as the swap
at around 500mb.

I guess I just need to know if the error message is
REALLY a low disk space message or the real
cause of this failed install is something else.

And the following terminal reply after the failed install
should be revealing however I need to know exactly
what it means...

wine ie6setup.exe
fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 38 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

Thanks.

Haw anybody here had a similiar experience?

Any suggestions from those who might be able to
help appreciated.

Jerald Weinstein M.S.